|< SEPTEMBER >||< 2017 >|
Field of Study:List of Master’s Degree Programs
Chinese-taught programs :Undergraduate or above, under the age of 40, healthy foreigners, new HSK 4 or old HSK 5 holders.
English-taught programs:Undergraduate or above, under the age of 40, healthy foreigners, TOEFL 80 or IELTS 6.0 (or above)
Tuition: RMB 23000 per year.
Application deadline: May 31, 2017.
Term Starts: Each year in September(The exact time will be written on the Admission Letter)
Application Method: Applicants should first apply online at the website www.study-shanghai.org, and then send their original documents to SMU . Self-supported students should mail their documents directly to SMU. Also, SGS and CGS applicants are required to visit our “SCHOLARSHIP” section.
1. Application Form for International Students (see attachment);
2. Degree certificate, diploma or official proof of expected graduation (the diploma or
certificate must be in Chinese or English with official school stamps or a notarized version in Chinese or English);
3. Relevant transcripts (transcripts must be in Chinese or English with official school stamps or a notarized version in Chinese or English);
4. Two recommendation letters from professors or associate professors (in Chinese or English);
5. New HSK level-4 certificate or old HSK level-5 certificate (for Chinese-taught program);TOEFL 80 or IELTS 6.0 (for English-taught program)
6. Statement of purpose - Around 1000 words for master’s degree candidates; around 1500 words for doctoral candidates. Topics to cover: study and work experience, academic research results, planned research proposals and personal development objectives after graduation;
7. Catalogue and abstracts of published papers, as well as other documents that can prove academic ability;
Enrollment: Shanghai Maritime University reserves the right to admit foreign students by written test or interview.
The enrollment result will be issued in the middle of June, 2017. The offer package will be delivered after that.
Postal address:International Education College,Shanghai Maritime UniversityRoom B808-1, Library Building,1550 Hai Gang Avenue, Lin Gang New City, Pudong District,Shanghai , 201306
SMU Application Form