Field of Study
: Click here
for list of Master’s Degree Programs.
Program Length: 2 - 3 years for both English-taught and Chinese-taught programs.
● Chinese-taught programs: Undergraduate or above, under the age of 35, healthy foreigners, HSK 4 holders.
● English-taught programs: Undergraduate or above, under the age of 35, healthy foreigners, TOEFL 80 or IELTS 6.0 (or above)
● Chinese citizens who apply to study abroad as an international student after they have immigrated to a foreign country must hold a valid foreign passport or nationality certificate for four years or more. Applicants should provide proof of residence abroad for more than two years.
April 30, 2019.
Term Starts: Each year in September (The exact date will be written on the Admission Letter)
Applicants should apply from the following mode of application: CSC website (https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn
), SGS website (http://study.edu.sh.gov.cn
), and self-sponsored students should apply using SMU application form. Click here
for application form. For information on scholarships, click here
for scholarship details.
● Scholarship applicants for CGS and SGS should apply on the online portal (see website link above); self-sponsored applicants should apply using SMU application form (see website link above);
● Degree certificate, diploma or official proof of expected graduation (the diploma or certificate must be in Chinese or English with official school stamps or a notarized version in Chinese or English);
● Relevant transcripts (transcripts must be in Chinese or English with official school stamps or a notarized version in Chinese or English);
● Two recommendation letters from Associate Professors/ Professors (written in Chinese or English); Applicants are to ONLY use SMU’s Recommendation Letter Form for International Student Applicants (form can be found in the attachment folder below)； Scholarship applicants should upload the completed forms on the website and attach the original copy when mailing the documents; Self-sponsored applicants should attach the original recommendation letters to their documents when mailing them.