● HSK level-4 certificate (for Chinese-taught program); TOEFL 80 or IELTS 6.0 (for English-taught program);
● Statement of purpose - around 1000 words for master’s degree candidates. Topics to cover: study and work experience, academic research results, planned research proposals, and personal development objectives after graduation;
● Catalogue and abstracts of published papers, as well as other documents that can prove academic ability;
● Copy of your passport bio-data; thus, the page with your biographical data (name, date of birth, passport number, expiration date, place of issue, and passport type information) and passport-sized photo;
● Medical examination report.
Enrollment: Shanghai Maritime University reserves the right to admit international students by written test or interview.
The enrollment result will be issued in the middle of June 2019. The offer package will be delivered after that.
● The applicant is to submit a notarized copy of all documents used in applying to SMU by post to SMU.
● All applicant are to ensure that the Shanghai Maritime University application form or scholarship (CGS or SGS) form is signed before mailing it to the address below.
● Applicant should ensure that they submit their recommendation and attestation certificate using SMU prepared format (please see the attached folder for details); Furthermore, read the instruction written below the SMU recommendation and certification of attestation format.