Field of Study
: Click here
for list of Doctoral Degree Programs.
Program Length: 3 years for both English-taught and Chinese-taught programs.
● Chinese-taught programs: Undergraduate or above, under the age of 40, healthy foreigners, HSK 4 holders.
● English-taught programs: Undergraduate or above, under the age of 40, healthy foreigners, TOEFL 80 or IELTS 6.0 (or above)
● Chinese citizens who apply to study abroad as an international student after they have immigrated to a foreign country must hold a valid foreign passport or nationality certificate for four years or more. Applicants should provide proof of residence abroad for more than two years.
April 30, 2019.
Term Starts: Each year in September (The exact date will be written on the Admission Letter)
Applicants should apply from the following mode of application: CSC website (https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn
), SGS website (http://study.edu.sh.gov.cn/
), and self-sponsored students should download the application form. Click here
for application form. For information on scholarships, click here
for scholarship details.
● Scholarship applicants for CGS and SGS should apply on the online portal (see website link above); self-sponsored applicants should apply using SMU application form (see website link above);
● Degree certificate, diploma or official proof of expected graduation (the diploma or certificate must be in Chinese or English with official school stamps or a notarized version in Chinese or English);
● Relevant transcripts (transcripts must be in Chinese or English with official school stamps or a notarized version in Chinese or English);
● Two recommendation letters from professors or associate professors (written in Chinese or English); Applicants are to ONLY use SMU’s Recommendation Letter Form for International Student Applicants (instructions and forms can be found in the attachment folder below); One recommendation letter MUST be from the prospective SMU supervisor you would be researching under and the one from your previous university; Scholarship applicants should upload the completed forms on the website and attach the original copy when mailing the documents; Self-sponsored applicants should attach the original recommendation letters to their documents when mailing them;