Field of Study: Click here for a list of Undergraduate Degree Programs.
Click here for details for English taught Undergraduate Degree Programs.
Program Length: 4 years.
● High school graduate students, between the ages of 18 - 25 years, and in good health.
● Chinese citizens who apply to study abroad as an international student after they have immigrated to a foreign country must hold a valid foreign passport or nationality certificate for four years or more. Applicants should provide proof of residence abroad for more than two years.
Tuition: RMB 20000 per year.
Chinese Government Scholarship (CGS): April 15, 2021.
Shanghai Government Scholarship (SGS): May 15, 2021
Self-financed Applicants: June 15, 2021
Term starts each year in September (The exact date will be written on the Admission Letter).
● International students applying as a self-financing applicant should click here to download SMU application form. After completing all application requirements, send the documents to this mailbox: firstname.lastname@example.org. Students applying for scholarship programs must first apply using the online application portal through the following mode of application: CSC website (https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn), SGS website (http://study.edu.sh.gov.cn/). After completing the online application, the applicant must download and sign the form. Additionally, all supporting materials used in the application process, including the completed application form should be e-mailed to email@example.com.
● A preliminary review will be conducted on all documents received from the mailbox.
● Applicants who passed the preliminary review will receive a notice of pre-interview.
● Self-financing students who pass the pre-interview process will receive an admission notice; Scholarship applicants who pass the pre-interview process will be notified of their scholarship status before the end of June.
● Application Form: Scholarship applicants (thus, CGS and SGS students) should apply using the online application portal (for SGS visit http://edu.sh.gov.cn/study_cn/; CGS visit https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn); self-sponsored applicants can also apply using SMU application form which can be download on the website (Click here to download the form);
● Self-introduction video: The video does not exceed 5 minutes, and the content includes your personality, hobbies, high school performance and rewards, and others.
● High school diploma or official proof of expected graduation (the diploma or certificate must be in Chinese or English with official school stamps or a notarized version in Chinese or English);
● Relevant transcripts (transcripts must be in Chinese or English with official school stamps or a notarized version in Chinese or English);
● Two recommendation letters from teachers (written in Chinese or English);
● HSK level-4 certificate, native Chinese speakers and applicants whose previous high school program was taught in Chinese are exempted from this language requirement (for Chinese-taught program);
TOEFL 80 or IELTS 6.0, native English speakers and applicants whose previous high school program was taught in English are exempted from this language requirement (for English-taught program);
● Statement of purpose for undergraduate degree candidates should not be more than 800 words.
● Copy of your passport bio-data; thus, the page with your biographical data (name, date of birth, passport number, expiration date, place of issue, and passport type information) and passport-sized photo;
● Medical examination report.
● Certificate of No Criminal Conviction.
Enrollment: Shanghai Maritime University reserves the right to admit international students by written test or interview.
● All applicants are to ensure that the Shanghai Maritime University application form or scholarship (CGS or SGS) form is signed before sending it to the e-mail above.
Postal address: International Education College, Shanghai Maritime University, Room B 808-1, Library Building,1550 Hai Gang Avenue, Lin Gang New City, Pudong District, Shanghai, zipcode: 201306