Field of Study: Click here for a list of Master's Degree Programs.
Click here for details for English taught Master's Degree Programs.
Program Duration: 2 - 3 years for both English-taught and Chinese-taught programs.
Tuition: RMB 23000 per year.
●Chinese Government Scholarship (CGS): February 1st, 2024
●Shanghai Government Scholarship (SGS): April 30, 2024
●Self-financed Applicants: April 30, 2024
Term starts each year in September (The exact date will be written on the Admission Letter).
●Chinese-taught programs: Undergraduate or above, under the age of 35, healthy.
●English-taught programs: Undergraduate or above, under the age of 35, healthy, IELTS 6.0/ TOFEL 80/ Cambridge English B2 (or above) certificate dated within the recent two years.
●Chinese citizens who apply to study abroad as an international student after they have immigrated to a foreign country must hold a valid foreign passport or nationality certificate for four years or more. Applicants should provide proof of residence abroad for more than two years.
1. Application Form
Scholarship applicants should apply online. For SGS application, please visit http://edu.sh.gov.cn/study_cn/. For CGS application, please visit https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn. Please note that for either SGS or CGS application, the applicant needs to submit the same application in two websites.
Self-sponsored applicants need to apply via http://gjy.shmtu.edu.cn/login.
2. Self-introduction Video
The video should not exceed 5 minutes. The contents should cover your personality, hobbies, high school performance and rewards. If you apply for a Chinese-taught program, the video should be made in Chinese. If you apply for an English-taught program, the video should be made in English.
3. Degree Certificate or Official Proof of Expected Graduation
The diploma/Proof must be in Chinese or English, with the official school stamp or by the embassy’ notarization.
Transcripts must be in Chinese or English, with the official school stamp or by the embassy’s notarization.
5. Two Recommendation Letters from Teachers
Written by Associate Professors/ Professors in Chinese or English.
6. Language Credentials
●For Chinese-taught program: HSK 5 certificate.
Exemption of Chinese Proficiency Certificate:
(1) Native Chinese speakers;
(2) Applicants whose previous high school program was taught in Chinese;
●For English-taught program: IELTS 6.0/ TOFEL 80/ Cambridge English B2 (or above) certificate dated within the recent two years.
Exemption of English Proficiency Certificate:
(1) Native English speakers;
(2) Applicants whose high school program was taught in English;
(3) Applicants who can provide other equivalent English proficiency certificates. The certificates must be reviewed and approved by SMU.
7. Study Statement
The statement should be about 1000 words. The contents should cover study and work experience, academic qualification, research plan, and career goal after graduation.
8. A List of Academic Writings
The applicant should send a copy of published papers (if any) or other materials that can prove academic ability.
9. Copy of Passport Bio-data
The passport page with your biographical data (name, date of birth, passport number, expiration date, place of issue, passport type information, and photo.
10. Medical Examination Report
11. Certificate of No Criminal Conviction
1. Self-sponsored applicants need to apply via http://gjy.shmtu.edu.cn/login.
2. All documents will be reviewed by SMU.
3. Applicants who pass the document review will receive a notice of preliminary interview.
4. Applicants who passed the preliminary interview will then be interviewed by the respective college they applied.
5. Students who pass the college interview will receive an admission letter.
Please note that for either SGS or CSC application, the applicant needs to submit the same application in two websites.
2. After completing the online application, the applicant must download and sign the form.
3. All required documents will be reviewed by SMU.
4. Applicants who passed the document review will receive a notice of preliminary interview.
5. Applicants who passed the preliminary interview will then be interviewed by the respective college they applied.
6. Applicants who pass the college interview will receive a pre-admission letter.
7. Applicants will be notified of the results of their scholarship applications in late May.
●Applicants should ensure that all application forms have been signed.
●Shanghai Maritime University reserves the right to admit international students through a written test or an interview.
Postal address: International Education College, Shanghai Maritime University, Room B 808-1, Library Building,1550 Hai Gang Avenue, Lin Gang New City, Pudong District, Shanghai, zipcode: 201306